I don’t know if you’ve heard of that Google employee that got fired for blogging. Well it turns out that the incident has been a blessing in disguise, Mark Jen writes:
… in the end, i was looking for a very specific mix of attributes that would constitute the perfect job for me. the company had to have:
- commitment and transparency to customers
- a passion for revolutionizing the end-user experience
- an open environment where people are free to be different and fosters creative expression
- the ability to be nimble, ship solutions quickly, and adjust to market changes
- extremely talented people and cohesive, productive teams
- awesome mentorship opportunities
As fate would have it, I’m also on the way out of my current job. I’m joining yet another company. The pickings aren’t as abundant in sub-urban Maryland (unless you’re in biotech), but I’m taking a gamble that the new job would have similar attributes as his job at Plaxo.
I can’t mention the company because its traded at the NASDAQ and this news could adversely affect it!